Programming instructions to pair vehicles with new keyfobs and transponder keys. Programming procedures for factory keyless entry remotes, flipkey remotes, fobik remotes, transponder keys, remote head keys, and smart keys. How to program new keys for car.
Follow steps below to programming the remote to your system:
1. Start with the following conditions:
a. Key is out of the ignition
b. Driver door is open (all other doors are closed)
c. Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).
2. Perform the next two steps within 5 seconds:
a. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.
b. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Close then open the driver’s door.
b. Close then open the driver’s door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.
4. Now, do all these within 40 seconds:
a. Close then open the door twice.
b. Close the door again.
c. Put your key in the ignition.
d. Turn the key to ON position in the ignition then turn it back OFF. (Again, don't start the engine)
e. Take the key off the ignition.
5. The door locks will cycle (lock and unlock) which means you're in programming mode. If not, then you need to start all over again.
6. Now, program your remote and do these steps within 40 seconds.
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously and release it.
b. Press and hold the unlock button on your remote for 2 seconds. If the door locks cycles (lock and unlock) once within 3 seconds then you've successfully programmed your remote. If twice, then you need to go back to step a and b.
7. Once you're done, open your door (Driver's door) and do your thing.