1997 1998 1999 2000 Buick Century Keyless Remote Programming Instructions
Warning: Before beginning the programming routine, have with you all the keyfobs you desire to use on the automobile. When you enter programming mode, all previous codes will be deleted from the memory. The other keyfobs will not work until you program the transmitters again.
1. Shut your vehicle doors.
2. Insert key in ignition and turn to ON (As far as you can without cranking engine)
3. Turn ignition to OFF and take out the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position and don’t let go until step 8.
6. Put the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Stick the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Let go of the door lock switch. The car will make three beeps as a way to verify the Programming Mode has begun.
9. Push the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons in unison on the keyless remote and hold up until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the keyfob has been successfully programmed (this takes something like 15 seconds).
10. Reiterate step 9 for each and every remote key you wish to program including your pre-existing working remotes. You can teach the car up to 4 fobs.
11. Remove the ignition key as a way to exit the Programming Mode.