Sunday, October 9, 2016
2013 2014 2015 2016 Chevrolet Malibu PEPS Flipkey Remote Programming Procedure
• Only PEPS Keyfobs taught into the vehicle will work.
• The automobile could be reprogrammed so that stolen or lost remotes work no longer.
• Any remaining transmitters will need to be reprogrammed. each automobile could have up to five keys programmed into it.
Encoding Remote Controls with a working flipkey remote:
To program, your vehicle needs to be off and each of the flipkey remotes, both currently programmed and new, has to be on hand.
1. Set the working remote control(s) within the cup holder.
2. Put in the key of the new keyless fob in the key lock cylinder (on the outside of the driver door) and turn the key to unlock position five times within ten seconds. The driver information center (dic) displays “ready for remote #2, 3, 4 or 5.”
3. Place the new keyfob into the flipkey pocket. The keyfob pocket is positioned in the center console utility area under the cup holder. The cup holder needs to be pulled out to access the keyfob pocket.
4. Press the ignition. as soon as the keyfob is learned, the dic display will show that it's willing to learn the next keyless fob.
5. Take out the remote from the flipkey pocket and push the unlock button.
To teach extra remote keys, repeat steps 3 through 5. when all extra remotes are programmed, press and hold the ignition for 5 seconds to exit the programming mode.
Programming with no working transmitter:
You may learn as much as five flipkeys. This method will require 30 minutes to complete. The car must be off and each of the keyfobs. you wish to teach must be on hand.
1. Put the key of the new flipkey remote into the key lock cylinder situated on the outside of the driver door and turn the key to the unlock position 5 times within 10-seconds. The driver information center (dic) displays “remote learn Pending, Please wait.”
2. Hang around for ten minutes until the dic displays “Press engine start Button To learn” and then press the ignition. The dic displays will again show “remote learn Pending, Please wait.”
3. Repeat step 2 two more times. After the third time, all previously stored keyfobs won't function with the car. Remaining keyless fobs can be relearned during the next steps. The dic should now say “ready for remote #1.”
4. Place the new remote into the remote control pocket. The flipkey remote pocket is located inside the center console storage area below the cup holder. The cup holder has to be pulled out to reach the keyless fob pocket.
5. Press the ignition. When the key is learned, the dic display will say that it's willing to program the subsequent remote.
6. Take out the remote from the remote pocket and push the unlock button.
To learn more keyless fob, repeat steps 4 through 6. When all extra keys are taught, push and hold the ignition for Five seconds to exit the programming mode.